Ecombd

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sanjay Dutt’s Bail Extends

Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt’s bail has been extended to till 18 January which was supposed to end on Wednesday. It is known to all that Sanjay Dutt, one of the accused persons of the serial bomb blast in the city in 1993, has given a verdict of 10 years of imprisonment last month. Regarding this extension of bail I have gone through a BBC report and I am quoting some lines from the report:

Earlier this week, his lawyer, Farhana Shah had told the BBC, "He is an actor and he cannot leave his film assignments half way, causing financial loss to the producers and ruining his reputation."

The actor also wanted to spend Christmas holidays with his daughter, Trishala, and take decisions regarding his father's estate after his death, she said.

One of the most high-profile accused in the case, Sanjay Dutt was arrested by the police in 1993 and spent 18 months in jail before being released on bail.

The actor was originally charged with five offences, including criminal conspiracy and possession of illegal weapons. He faces up to 10 years in jail, lawyers say.

At this moment the court is hearing from both the defense and the prosecution. It is a controversial issue whether Sanjay should be given release from this case. However, I think his celebrity image can be taken into account while giving the final decision.

0 comments: