Sunday, December 24, 2006

2007: A Promising Year for Anil Kapur

Anil Kapur may have become 47 years old but he has shown no sign of stopping. He is not exactly among the most popular actors now and 2006 was not a great year for him either. However, Anil Kapur is now determined to make 2007 a great year and it seems that he has got the right movies to shine. I am quoting from a report of DNA India:

The actor has run the Bollywood marathon for 27 years and 2007 looks promising with ‘Salaam-e-Ishq’, Subhash Ghai’s ‘Black and White’ and Anees Bazmee’s ‘Welcome’ slated for release as well as ‘Gandhi Viruddh Gandhi’ and ‘Shortcut’ which he’s producing.

What makes him tick? “You tell me! How can I blow my own trumpet, though I know it’s the ‘in’ thing to do today. I feel it in my bones that something really exciting and big is going to happen,” he says.

So why did he agree to be part of ‘Salaam-e-Ishq’ along with hordes of actors? “It’s a commercial film but it’s still real. It’s very rare when films on such a phenomenal scale are made.”

Well, I am not exactly so sure that Anil Kapur may really shine in 2007. Yes, he is a great actor and much more talented than many other actors of this time but he is not exactly a very popular actor anymore. Let us hope that Salaam-e-Ishq can revive his popularity.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist