Saturday, December 30, 2006

Goddess Asks Sculptor to Make Clay Figure of Aishwarya Rai

Aishwarya Rai may have troubled time with the priests these days about her body guard’s behavior but Gods are not unhappy with her. In fact, soon, Aishwarya Rai is going to have 25 clay figures based on her beauty from a sculpture named Arjun Prajapati of the Pink City. He has already begun his work and he intends to stop after making 25 idols based on Aishwarya. He saw a dream in which a goddess asked her to make idols on a very beautiful woman and who can be more beautiful in India than Aishwarya herself.

DNA India reported:

Inspired in his dreams and mesmerised by the beauty of Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai, a sculptor is at work to make 25 statues of the glamour icon.

"A divine lady appeared in my dreams and suggested me to make sculptures of a beautiful woman. She told me that it would give me recognition across the country," Arjun Prajapati said.

"So eventually I decided to portray Aishwarya Rai as she is one of the most beautiful women I could think of.

"Each week I conceived a new pose of Aishwarya in my dreams and I worked on each of them. I would soon complete 25 different poses of the actress," Prajapati told IANS.


I would not blame you for thinking the whole matter as a publicity stunt but there is just one problem. Arjun Prajapati is not going to sell the idols but is going to display only in an exhibition. However, he has already generated a lot of media hype and perhaps this is something which has already changed his fortune.

The Statesman wrote:

Far from speculation about her marriage and controversies surrounding her, Bollywood icon Aishwarya Rai’s beauty has inspired a city-based sculptor to mould her clay figure.

A well-known sculptor of the Pink City, Mr Arjun Prajapati, has decided to cast, at least, 25 statues of the glamour icon. He has already moulded a clay figure of Aishwarya as Menaka and a dancing pose enacted in Umrao Jaan. “Other creations including a bust of Aishwarya will take about six months to complete,” Mr Prajapati said.

6 months of dedication. I really like this sculpture guy, Arjun Prajapati. He deserves to become famous. However, I would really love to see that his works get proper recognition.

By the way, I wonder if Arjun Prajapati would want to make an idol based on Aishwarya Rai’s performance in the upcoming movie Guru.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist