Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mona Singh (Jassi) Joining Bollywood Movies

Mona Singh, a popular star in India, is going to host a reality show on television named `Extreme Makevover' where acid victims will get treatment by a panel of doctors. Recently, Mona Singh launched a super store in Delhi. In the ceremony Mona was seen with her smiling face.

Mona Singh first came to light through the popular TV serial `Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi' where she played the role of Jassi and later on she appeared in another TV serial named `Jhalak Dikhla Ja' which is based on dance. She has been successful in both the serial. I am quoting some of the lines of her speech regarding these two TV serials from a The Hindu report:

"Fortunately I got a dream role in `Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi'. And recently the dance show `Jhalak Dikhla Ja' broke all records and gave me a chance to hone my dancing skills. As I am looking for a break in Bollywood, my dancing skills will definitely help me to make an impact on the big screen. Since I have essayed the role of Jassi I will be more comfortable playing a character artiste in Hindi films. I have received some offers from Bollywood and am going through some of the scripts,"

"Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi" and "Jhalak Dikhla Ja", Mona says portraying the character of Jassi brought her not just fame but also love from the people. "And dancing to foot-tapping number in `Jhalak Dikhla Ja' gave me crucial votes that not only made me popular but also made me win the contest. The show was not just about dance but focused more on the personality of all the contestants. Besides me, there was a chef, a former Indian cricket player, a yesteryear's actress and a famous filmmaker. So it was votes by my countless fans that made me emerge as a winner.”

It seems that Mona Singh is going to join in Bollywood movie. She is successful in TV and now it is yet to see if she continues her success in Big Screen as well.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist