Friday, January 19, 2007

Vidya Balan Trying to Get the Taste of Differnt Characters with Differnt Dress up

Vidya Balan has recently revealed that she is interested to act in different types roles in differnt movies and is not interested to be sticked with a character with a particular costume. It has been seen that from the beggining of her career she has been acting different cahracter in different movies. In her first Bollywood movie Parineeta, she was appeared with traditional Sari as her role was of a nineteenth century congervativ Indian girls. She could successfully play the role and for playing the role she was awarded the FIlmfare Best Dedbut Award. In her second movie, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, she is seen as a Radio Jockey and recently in Guru, she is seen as an interesting girl whose life is rounded in awheelchair. Now her upcoming Bollywood movie Salaam E Ishq has already come into focus with its unconventional story and Vidya is expected to be seen in another new role against Jhon Abrahm.

I am quoting some lines from her speech published in a timesofindia report:

I don't want to stay in a comfort zone. After Parineeta people wanted to slot me in sari clad roles. But fortunately my role in Lage Raho... gave me a chance to be different. In Salaam-E-Ishq , I dress up completely differently from the way I do in real life. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy dressing up traditionally. Now I'm getting to do an elaborate costume in Priyadarshan's Chandramukhi and I'm very excited about it.


She even also said that she will not mind playing in a working class role if she is offered to do so. She said:

I've no problems playing a working-class girl. In fact in Raj Kumar Santoshi's Halla Bol I'm again in a working class atmosphere and clothes.

It seems that this one of most promising newcomer of Bollywood is going like a professional actress which is a positive sign for her career. However, I think as she does not lack of quality and talent as an actress, she does not need to survive through on screen kissing which she did in Guru with her fellow actor Madhaban. Vidya Balan's acting skill is enough to make her an established actress in the industry.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist