Sunday, January 21, 2007

Rani Mukerji in New York: Hiding or Not Hiding?

Rani Mukerji is still in top form. Her movies still draw a large number of crowd and she is still among the leading actresses in Bollywood. However, we have no news of her for sometime now and it seems that she had some quality time in New York. So, some people thought that she was hiding. Now, she has come into public and stated that she was not hiding or running away from anything or anyone. She just needed a break.

NowRunning wrote:

Rani Mukerji, who has resurfaced after a long hiatus, says she was not in hiding but doesn't like "intrusions" into her personal life.

"I really don't like to let the world know what I'm doing every day of my life. I was not hiding anywhere. The truth is I was shooting in New York for (Siddharth Anand's) 'Tara Rum Pum'," Rani told IANS.

"Do you know, Siddharth was with me in school? He had earlier assisted Kunal Kohli on 'Mujhse Dosti Karoge'. And now he was directing me! As for Saif Ali Khan, how he has evolved since 'Hum Tum'! He's such a focussed and committed actor!"

Explaining her suddenly reclusive status, Rani said: "I was completely cut off from Mumbai in New York. It was fun to be on my own. And when I got homesick, my parents visited me. When I'm on location abroad, I generally like to remain totally cut off.

"This time my absence seemed glaring because I was not present for the release of a major film like 'Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna' (KANK). Everyone wondered why I wasn't here to promote it."

Far away in New York, Rani really bonded with choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant.

Poor Rani! Some people even do not let her to run away and stay in peace. I wonder what will happen if she really runs away from Bollywood in future?

0 comments: