Monday, January 22, 2007

Shah Rukh Coming with Popular Television Show Kaun Banega Crorrepati Tonight

Shah Rukh Khan’s new job as a host of popular television show ‘Kaun Banega Crorrepati’ will be on air tonight. With the show Shah Rukh himself said that he is nervous. This popular show was previously hosted by Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan but the show stopped about 15 month ago due to the illness of Big B. Shah Rukh Khan will start with the last contestants of the last episode, Prasenjit Sarkar. Shah talked about his feelings regarding the show and the craze of the show and about the first contestant of his show Prasenjit Sarkar. I am quoting some lines from her speech regarding the show published in a moneycontrol report:

"I'm normally nervous on Fridays, but now I'm nervous on Mondays because of KBC."

"I don't know what I've done on the show. I just hope that once the show is out, people see the show and enjoy it on their own. I don't like saying it but I think it is an individual show which goes beyond the anchors."

The first contestant on the show's new season, Prasenjit Sarkar, holds the unique distinction of being the only person to be grilled by both Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. The man in question, a rollover contestant, waited 15 long months to return to the hotseat after Bachchan's illness threw the show off-schedule. In his own inimitable style, Shah Rukh welcomed Sarkar back to the set and packed him off smiling.

Khan adds, "He won a good amount of money and he was happy he came in with his wife. He was happy that he could do the show with Mr Bachchan and then a little happy that he could do it with me also."

I think, Shah Rukh has the capability to be the best replacement of Amitabh Bachchan. With his humorous and hilarious acting and smart appearance, he attracted people many times in Bollywood movies. Though acting in a movie is far different from hosting a show as it needs to have the quality of making instant fun. Considering all the things I personally bet on him.

0 comments: