Monday, January 8, 2007

Raima Sen: Doing What Suchitra and Moon Moon failed

Raima Sen is surely one of the next big actresses in Bollywood. According to Hindustan Times: Raima's honeymoon with Bollywood. Here is a part of that interview:

Future perfect:

I have a lot on my plate this New Year. To begin with, I have- Honeymoon Travels Private Limited, Eklavya, Yatra, and The Bong Connection with Rahul Bose and Rajat Kapoor and there are four more releases lined up.

Tollywood vs Bollywood, Nah!

I have worked in both Bengali and Bollywood films, and there is not much difference but for the language. But my first love is of course Bengali. If I get a good Bong movie, I will skip a small Hindi film.

My loves:

I enjoy reading and watching foreign flicks. I love dancing and have learnt Kathak. It keeps me on my toes when I am not working. Single, ready to mingle! I don’t believe in the concept of a perfect man.

The ‘perfect man’ does not exist. Unfortunately I , am single, so my love life is pretty dull. But no sweat, I like it that way at present. As long as I am busy with work, I don’t need a partner.





This Bengali actress is rising in Bollywood slowly but solidly. In the last few years, a trend has emerged of making movies based on literary works of Bangla/Bengali literature. In 2005, Raima Sen did great in the lead role of Parineeta (a movie based on a Bengali novel). If she really can establish herself as one of leading actresses in Bollywood then I am sure that her mother Moon Moon Sen and her grandmother Suchitra Sen would admire her more than anyone else. Both Moon Moon and Suchitra tried to get their name in Bollywood but failed. Suchitra was happy to be the queen in Bengali cinema. While Moon Moon tried desperately and failed.

That is why it will be worthwhile to note if Raima Sen can really become one of the top Bollywood actresses.

0 comments: