Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bipasha Basu Turned down a Hollywood Offer

Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu has turned down an offer of Hollywood recently. If the news is not enough to draw you attention then let me tell you that the offer sent to her was for a movie of Sir Ben Kingsley. I guess some of you have opened your mouth in shock.

However, turning down an offer of Sir Ben Kingsley’s film, Bipasha Basu does not seem to have shocked at all. The actress said that staring a Hollywood movie would be like starting a new career where audiences are not acknowledged about her talent, unlike Bollywood films. That is why, the glamorous actress of Bollywood has said no to Hollywood.

Reuters reported:

"I have worked very hard to build my name here and I'm happy with the kind of work that I'm doing," Basu told Reuters at an event held in Mumbai. "In Hollywood, I have to start from scratch."

"Here people know my talent and have accepted me but I have to prove myself in the West and they have to accept me too."

However, the actress is getting some prestigious and high profile offers in Bollywood. Recently, she has signed for an art film, Pankh. Bipasha is also staring in Rituparno Ghosh’s next Bengali movie Sob Choritro Kalponik. News has that Bipasha Basu is going to be involved in the next project of Rituparno Ghosh as well. Rituparno Ghosh is going to make a film titled Draupadi, based on the character of epic Mahabharata.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt Bipasa is stunning performer.She can do any type of acting in the screen.Nowadays she is getting offers from the hollywood.Recenty she had sign an art film pankh.Hope so she can achieve all her goal in her future life.

Hobby Economist