Saturday, February 3, 2007

Shilpa Shetty: Boy friend or a Husband?

After winning Big Brother, Shilpa Shetty is now the talk of India and UK. She is 31 and alone. So, naturally, it is time she gets married or a boy friend. The only problem is that any possible suitor would have to first get through her father.

Chennai Online reported:

Shilpa, who received overwhelming support from British viewers after being racially abused on the reality televison show here, said she planned to extend her stay in Britain, as her mother Sunanda is keen on looking for a match for her.

"I'm single and ready to mingle!" Bollywood's long-legged beauty said in an interview to the Daily Mirror, confessing she hasn't had a boyfriend for 18 months.

But potential suitors are likely to face a grilling from her businessman father Surendra, she quipped.

"If a guy wants to take me out, he must seek my dad's permission first. That's just the way it works. I secretly brief them about the best answers to give to my father's questions before they face him," the 31-year-old actress said.

But that hasn't stopped dad vetoing a good few.

"I try not to mind when that happens because parents are always right in the long run.

"Even when mum and dad give me permission to go out on dates, I must always go with a male chaperone and my sister and be home before 2am. I cannot attend a party alone," she said.

I wonder how she could go to UK alone? This is just a publicity stunt. Shilpa can go to UK alone and stay there for so many days and do many movies in Bollywood but cannot go out with a boy friend.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist