Saturday, February 24, 2007

The last World Cup for Anil Kumble

Indian leg spinner has declared that he will stop himself from IDO match. In his cricket life he has build more record.

DAWN reported:

"It will probably be the last one-day contest for me and it will be challenging. I hope I will be able to play a much bigger role this time," Kumble said in a TV interview. "The World Cup is a tournament everyone looks up to. The last World Cup was good for India; we played really well as a team. We have a very good chance of winning the World Cup."

India's squad for the World Cup has been termed ‘Dad’s army’ and Greg Chappell, the coach, recently admitted that fielding was the biggest concern ahead of the tournament.

Yet, Kumble had a counter: "You can only do what you can as a fielder. We are all safe on the field. I'm not the most athletic. I have been like that ever since I started. I can't change suddenly and become a Jonty Rhodes. I always put in a 100 per cent. As a unit we have worked hard and we have fielded well,” he stated

In his 17 World Cup Cricket math he got 28 wickets. In the 1996 tournament he was the height wicket-taker.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist