Sunday, February 4, 2007

Darren Gough to be Selected in World Cup Cricket 2007

Darren Gough is one of the best bowlers in the ODI history of English cricket. He has played the last two world cup tournament for England and this time he has been evicted from the initial 30 men list. However, he is confident that he is fit enough and can take part in World Cup Cricket 2007.

Sportingglife reported:

England fast bowler Gough's dream was given a lifeline this week when it was revealed that the International Cricket Council will allow alterations to the preliminary 30-man squads.

The 36-year-old Yorkshireman was reported to have failed a fitness test at Loughborough and his name was the notable omission from the original party three weeks ago.

But Gough, in Australia playing beach cricket for an England veterans' side, said: "I am in good condition, I have had a personal trainer for the last four months.

"It is a bit of fun and the guys like a beer or two [but] since I have been here, every morning at half past six I am in the gym and after a day's play I have been back in so I am trying my best to keep myself fit and strong.

I how that Darren Gough can play in the World Cup Cricket 2007.

0 comments:

Hobby Economist