Friday, January 19, 2007

Miss England Eleanor Glynn Condemns the Racial Abusing to Shipla Sheety

Miss England Eleanor Glynn has recently criticized the racial abusing of some celebrity contestants of Big Brother show to the talented Bollywood actress Shilpa Sheety. Miss Glynn also said that she has been offered to participate in the same show next time. However, she will think twice to participate in the show if she gets any call from the show authority having seen the insult of Shilpa Sheety. I am quoting her speech regarding the racial abusing of the Big Brother show from a Oxfordmail report:

She said it was a "blessing in disguise" that she had not been selected to join the other housemates and planned to invite Miss Shetty to her 21st birthday party, which would have a Bollywood theme, in March.

Miss Glynn said: "I feel very sorry for Shilpa and I hope she comes to my party.

"I think the comments made towards her are certainly bordering on racist and the problem may be that the other contestants are not intelligent enough to fully under- stand someone else's culture. The programme doesn't present the nation in a very good way and the producers may have to stop the show.

"Shilpa has so much grace and elegance and for some contestants this could really damage their careers.

"If I got the call now from Big Brother I would have to think long and hard about doing it.

"I loved doing the Bollywood dancing exhibition last year and I am talking to some Bollywood film producers next week.

"I think there is definitely a gap in the market for a British girl meeting an Asian guy in one of these films and we'll see what happens."

It is really a good thing that people are condemning the incidents and thus it has been proved that both Indian and British people are against racism. Those celebrities should realize what the mistake they have done.

0 comments: